Criminal Records Check (CRC)This check is intended for applicants who are involved as a volunteer, employee or in any situation where a basic CRC is requested (i.e., retail or immigration). This check is NOT intended for applicants who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable persons.
The Criminal Record Check will include the following information:
- Criminal convictions (summary and indictable) from CPIC and/or local databases.
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants.
The Criminal Record Check WILL NOT include:
- Absolute and conditional discharges.
- Current judicial orders, including Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition orders under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Convictions where a record suspension (pardon) has been granted.
- Convictions under provincial statutes.
- Local police contact.
- Ministry of Transportation information (PARIS).
- Family Court Restraining Orders.
- Foreign information
- A Vulnerable Sector (VS) query of pardoned sex offenders to ascertain if the applicant has been convicted of and granted a record suspension (pardon) for any of the sexual offences that are listed in the schedule to the Criminal Records Act (CRA).
- Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact that did not result in a conviction.
- Charged and processed by other means such as Diversion.