Police Service Logo

Windsor Police Service
Record Checks

Help Login  |  Register
Forgot Username?  |  Forgot Password?
powered by
Forrest Green Solutions

Record Suspension

click image to play video
[text version]
Parole Board of Canada - Record Suspension

Phone contact: 1-800-874-2652 (toll free)

Email contact: [email protected]

Website contact: https://www.canada.ca/en/parole-board/services/record-suspensions.html


A Record Suspension (Pardon) application can be completed by individuals without the assistance of a lawyer or any other agency. This will not expedite the review of your application. The Parole Board of Canada will process each application in the same manner, regardless of whether it was submitted through a lawyer, private company, or directly by the applicant.

You can apply for a Record Suspension by following the step-by-step instructions and submitting your completed application forms to the Parole Board of Canada with a $644.88 processing fee made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.

If it has been five (5) years (summary offence) or ten (10) years (indictable offence), since you completed your last sentence, you may apply to the Parole Board of Canada for a record suspension. Everything you’ll need to know is included in a booklet put out by the Parole Board of Canada.

NOTE: there have been recent changes to eligibility criteria that may or may not affect you. The Parole Board of Canada has listed answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on their website to help you to determine if you are affected by these changes. Item #4 contains a link to more information on eligibility:

The booklet may be downloaded from the Parole Board of Canada website at http://pbc-clcc.gc.ca/prdons/servic-eng.shtml.

The first step in this process involves submitting fingerprints in order to obtain a Certified Criminal Record from the RCMP. You must attend a private fingerprinting company for this purpose, as this service is not available through Windsor Police Service.

When your fingerprints results are returned from the R.C.M.P., a copy of the Local Police Records Check Form in the booklet must be provided to every police agency where you have lived in the past 5 years. In Windsor, this form must be submitted to Information Services, during regular office hours, along with two pieces of valid identification (one with a photo). We charge a fee of $75.00 for this service.

If you no longer live in the Windsor area and cannot attend Information Services, you can mail the Local Police Records Check Form to the following address:

Windsor Police Service
PO Box 60
Windsor, ON    N9A 6J5

A photocopy of two pieces of valid identification (one with photo) must accompany the form, along with a certified cheque or a postal or money order in the amount of $75.00 (Canadian funds). Please make your cheque or money order payable to The City of Windsor. The form will be processed and mailed back to you as soon as possible. Please be sure to indicate a return mailing address with your documents.