Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)Vulnerable Sector queries and Criminal Record Checks are STRICTLY for applicants residing in Quispamsis and Rothesay, New Brunswick. Exceptions may apply, please call for details.
This check is restricted to applicants seeking employment and/or volunteering with vulnerable individuals, children, elderly persons, the disabled, etc. It is a collection of offence information, including convictions, non-convictions and other relevant police contact information available from a local police agency's records management system and other systems/records where authorized. This check will include sexual offence convictions for which the individual has received a record suspension (pardon) where authorized by the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.
Persons requiring records checks for the purposes of Adoption or Non-Parental Custody (through court order) cannot use this online screening process. You must attend the Kennebecasis Regional Police Force Records Bureau in person to make application. The Records Bureau is located in the Police HQ building at 126 Millennium Drive, Quispamsis. If this is the reason for your police check, you must attend our office between 8:30am and 4:00pm on Monday through Wednesday. The Records Bureau is closed on civic and statutory holidays.
The Police Vulnerable Sector Check will include the following:
- Criminal convictions (summary and indictable) from CPIC and/or local databases.
- Summary Convictions for five years, within disclosure period (see FAQ page for additional detail).
- Findings of Guilt under the Youth Criminal Justice Act within the applicable disclosure period.
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants, current judicial orders, Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition Orders. As per CPIC policy, information obtained from the Investigative Databank must be confirmed and authorized for release by the contributing agency.
- Absolute and Conditional Discharges where still within the applicable disclosure periods.
- Charged and processed by other means such as diversion.
- In exceptional cases, where it meets the Exceptional Disclosure Assessment, non-conviction dispositions including, but not limited to, Withdrawn, Dismissed, and cases of Not Criminally Responsible by Reason of Mental Disorder.
- A review of all available and relevant police contacts to the position applied for, including but not limited to theft, weapons, sex offences, or violent, harmful or threatening behavior.
- As authorized for release by the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, Criminal Code convictions for sexual offences for which a record suspension (pardon) was received, identified as a result of a Vulnerable Sector verification search.
The Police Vulnerable Sector Check WILL NOT include:
- Convictions under provincial statutes.
- Motor Vehicle Abstract
- Special Interest Police (SIP) category on CPIC.
- Suspect information that would hinder an ongoing investigation or where the suspect has not been spoken to.
- Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) information beyond the applicable disclosure period.
- Any reference to contagious diseases.
- Victim/Complaint information will not be released unless under exceptional circumstances.
- Foreign information.
- Mental Health Act terminology (refer to Human Rights Considerations).