Police Criminal Records Check (PCRC)This check is intended for applicants who are involved as a volunteer, employee or in any situation where a basic PCRC is requested (i.e., retail or immigration). This check is NOT intended for applicants who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable persons.
The Police Criminal Record Check will include the following information:
- Criminal convictions from CPIC and/or local databases.
- Summary convictions (previous 5 years) when identified.
- Findings of guilt under the Youth Criminal Justice Act within the applicable disclosure period.
- NOTE: See section on Self Declaration Requirement
The Police Criminal Record Check WILL NOT include:
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants (pending charges).
- Absolute and conditional discharges.
- Current judicial orders, including Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition orders under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Convictions where a record suspension (formerly known as a pardon) has been granted.
- Convictions under provincial statutes.
- Local police contact.
- Ministry of Transportation information.
- Special Interest Police (SIP) category of CPIC.
- Family Court Restraining Orders.
- Foreign information.
- A Vulnerable Sector (VS) query to ascertain if the applicant has been convicted of and granted a record suspension (pardon) for any of the sexual offences that are listed in the schedule to the Criminal Records Act.
- Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact.
- Diversions will not be released as police contact and no reference to the occurrence is permitted (CC S.717.4).
- Youth Criminal Justice Act information beyond applicable disclosure period.
- Any reference to contagious diseases.
- Dispositions including, but not limited to, Withdrawn, Dismissed, and cases of Not Criminally Responsible by Reason of Mental Disorder.