Criminal Records Check (CRC)This check is intended for applicants who are involved as a volunteer, employee or in any situation where a basic CRC is requested (i.e., retail or immigration). This check is NOT intended for applicants who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable persons.
Individuals with Outstanding entries, such as Charges and Warrants, Judicial Orders, Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition Orders will be ineligible for the Police Criminal Record Check. You will require a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC) (waiting period may apply).
The Police Criminal Record Check will include the following information:
- Criminal convictions (summary and indictable) from CPIC and/or local databases.
- NOTE: See section on Self Declaration Requirement
The Police Criminal Record Check WILL NOT include:
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants (pending charges).
- Absolute and conditional discharges.
- Current judicial orders, including Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition orders under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Convictions where a record suspension (pardon) has been granted.
- Convictions under provincial statutes.
- Local police contact.
- Ministry of Transportation information (PARIS).
- Family Court Restraining Orders.
- Foreign information.
- A Vulnerable Sector (VS) query of pardoned sex offenders to ascertain if the applicant has been convicted of and granted a record suspension (pardon) for any of the sexual offences that are listed in the schedule to the Criminal Records Act (CRA).
- Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact that did not result in a conviction.
- Charged and processed by other means such as Diversion.