Criminal Records Check with VS (CRC-VS)This check is restricted to applicants seeking employment and/or volunteering in a position of authority or trust relative to vulnerable persons in Canada only. It is a collection of offence information, including convictions, outstanding warrants, charges, judicial orders and sexual offence convictions for which the individual has received a record suspension.
For specific examples where a VS check may and may not be appropriate,
please click here.
The Police Vulnerable Sector Check will include the following information:
- Criminal convictions.
- Summary convictions.
- Findings of Guilt under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
- Outstanding or pending charges.
- Any record suspensions (formerly pardons) for sexual offences.
The Police Vulnerable Sector Check WILL NOT include:
- Absolute and Conditional discharges.
- Convictions under provincial statutes.
- Special Interest Police (SIP) category of CPIC.
- Family Court Restraining Orders.
- Foreign information.
- Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact.