Police Criminal Records Check (PCRC)This check is intended for applicants who are involved as a volunteer, employee or in any situation where a basic PCRC is requested (e.g., retail or immigration). This check is NOT intended for applicants who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable persons.
NOTE: Police Services do not have the authority to run a query of the investigative databank for this level of check in order to determine if you have outstanding charges.
The Police Criminal Record Check will include the following information:
- Criminal convictions from CPIC and/or local databases.
- Summary convictions, for five years, when identified.
- Findings of Guilt under the Youth Criminal Justice Act within the applicable disclosure period.
The Police Criminal Record Check WILL NOT include:
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants
- Absolute and conditional discharges
- Current judicial orders, including Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition orders under the Criminal Code of Canada
- Convictions where a record suspension (pardon) has been granted
- Convictions under provincial statutes (i.e. Highway Traffic Act, Trespass to Property Act, Liquor Licence Act)
- Local police contact
- Ministry of Transportation information (PARIS)
- Special Interest Police (SIP) category of CPIC
- Family Court Restraining Orders
- Foreign information
- A Vulnerable Sector (VS) Query to ascertain if the applicant has been convicted of and granted a record suspension for any of the sexual offences that are listed in the schedule to the Criminal Records Act (CRA)
- Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact
- Diversions will not be released as police contact and no reference to the occurrence is permitted (CC S. 717.4)
- Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) information beyond applicable disclosure period