Police Service Logo

Greater Sudbury Police Service
Police Record Checks

Help Login  |  Register
Forgot Username?  |  Forgot Password?
powered by
Forrest Green Solutions

Parole Board of Canada - Record Suspension

Please apply here (https://www.policesolutions.ca/checks/services/sudburylprc/).

Phone contact: 1-800-874-2652 (toll free)

Email contact: suspension@pbc-clcc.gc.ca

Website contact: https://www.canada.ca/en/parole-board/services/record-suspensions.html

A Record Suspension (Pardon) application can be completed by individuals without the assistance of a lawyer or any other agency.

If it has been five (5) years (summary offence) or ten (10) years (indictable offence), since you completed your last sentence, you may apply to the Parole Board of Canada for a record suspension. Everything you’ll need to know is included in a booklet put out by the Parole Board of Canada, which is available, free of charge from the Parole Board of Canada website at http://pbc-clcc.gc.ca/prdons/servic-eng.shtml.

The first step of the record suspension process involves submitting your fingerprints to the Parole Board of Canada in Ottawa. Please attend the Criminal Record Check office to complete an application form. You are required to bring in two pieces of government issued ID, one being a valid photo. There is a $63 electronic fingerprint submission fee.

Local Police Records Check(s) – Step 4
If you no longer reside in the City of Greater Sudbury you may mail in your Local Police Records Check Form along with notarized photocopies of your government issued ID. You will also need to print off our Criminal Record Check application form and include your record of disposition and fingerprint results you received back from Ottawa. There will be a $66 fee for this service. Please call our office for the information you will need for our office to assist you.


You do not need a lawyer or representative to apply for a Record Suspension. This will not accelerate the review of your application, nor convey it any special status. The Parole Board of Canada treats all applications in the same way, regardless of whether it was submitted through a lawyer or private company, or directly by the applicant them self.