Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)A collection of offence information, including convictions, non-convictions and other relevant police contact information available from a local police agency's records management system and other systems/records where authorized.
This check is intended for applicants who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with agencies who require a criminal record check along with local police involvement. The agency has determined that a search of pardoned sex offenders database, and contacts relating to mental health apprehensions is NOT required (i.e., border crossing or visa) therefore this check is NOT intended for applicants who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable persons.
The Police Information Check will include the following, released as either a criminal record or police contact information:
- Criminal convictions (summary and indictable) from CPIC and/or local databases.
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants, judicial orders, Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition Orders. As per CPIC policy, information obtained from the Investigative Databank must be confirmed and authorized for release by the contributing agency.
- Absolute and conditional discharges where still within the applicable disclosure periods.
- Family Court Restraining Orders.
- Charged and processed by other means such as Diversion will be released as police contact only.
- Dispositions including, but not limited to, Withdrawn, Dismissed, and cases of Not Criminally Responsible by Reason of Mental Disorder.
- A review of all eligible police contacts including but not limited to theft, weapons, sex offences, or violent, harmful and threatening behaviour.
The Police Information Check WILL NOT include:
- Convictions where a record suspension (pardon) has been granted.
- Convictions under provincial statutes.
- Ministry of Transportation information (PARIS).
- Suspect information that would hinder an ongoing investigation or where the suspect has not been spoken to.
- Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) information beyond applicable disclosure period.
- Information gathered outside formal occurrence reports ( i.e., street checks, CAD) should not be released unless under exceptional circumstances.
- Any reference to contagious diseases.
- Victim/Complainant information will not be released unless under exceptional circumstances.
- Foreign information.
- A VS query of pardoned sex offenders to ascertain if the applicant has been convicted of and granted a record suspension (pardon) for any of the sexual offences that are listed in the schedule to the CRA.
- Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact that did not result in a criminal charge.